Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Daily Cardinal to review Knickknack!

Yesterday afternoon, I sent off a handful of review requests to various community publications, including both UW-Madison student papers. Based on my lack of success in getting IVD reviewed, I was not expecting a response, if any, from these editors for a very long time. Imagine my astonishment when I was enroute to choir practice and I received the following email from an editor at the Daily Cardinal (the main UW paper):
Greg,
We would be interested in reviewing a copy of the novel, and having on the shelf to display in the office. If you could please send us a copy at 821 University Ave. Rm. 2142 Vilas hall, that would be fantastic.
Thank you much,
Jeremy Gartzke

What is interesting about this email is that when I submitted a request to get IVD reviewed in 2009, they wouldn't touch that book with a ten-foot poll. Obviously, the Cardinal is under new and presumably hipper management. All I know is that once that review hits the stands, Knickknack is destined to be a cult hit on campus! Because it takes me only 25 minutes to get to Vilas Hall from my home on the East Side, I have decided to deliver the review copy, which God willing, will arrive this week, to the Cardinal office in person. I think it will be interesting to poke my head in there for the first time in over seven years. (I used to write reviews and tech articles for them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment